Spanish and Chinese Services Available
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all consultations will be conducted by phone or Skype until further notice. We are open and fully operational for servicing our clients, but our office will be closed to the public. Please contact the firm for more information at (386) 968-8880.
Dedicated. Flawless. Victorious. We Have Handled Tens of Thousands of Immigration Cases

Victims of Crime or Abuse

Here at David F. Vedder, P.A., our attorneys have decades of experience in assisting survivors of abuse, trafficking, and crime in obtaining immigration benefits.

I-751 petitions for conditional permanent residents subjected to battery or extreme cruelty

If you are a conditional permanent resident who has been abused by your spouse or former spouse, or by your conditional resident parent or his/her spouse, you may be eligible to obtain your 10-year green card, even without the assistance of the abusive spouse or parent.

If you are a conditional permanent resident who has been abused, call us to discuss your options.

U Visas for crime victims

The U Visa is a benefit for victims of certain crimes. You may be eligible for a U Visa if you meet the following requirements:

  • You were the victim of qualifying criminal activity. Qualifying crimes include, but are not limited to, domestic violence, extortion, sexual assault, kidnapping, and stalking, or attempts of any qualifying crimes.
  • You suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of the criminal activity.
  • You have information about the criminal activity.
  • You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.
  • The crime occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.
  • You are admissible to the United States or you qualify for a waiver of inadmissibility.
There are exceptions to some of the above requirements for applicants under age 16.

Certain family members are eligible for derivative status. If the U Visa applicant is under 21 years of age, their spouse, children, parents, and unmarried siblings under 18 may benefit. If the U Visa applicant is 21 years of age or older, his or her spouse and children may benefit.

If you have been the victim of a crime that was reported to the authorities, call us to discuss your options.

T Visas for victims of trafficking

A T visa is a benefit for survivors of human trafficking, including sex or labor trafficking, who have cooperated with authorities in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking.

A T Visa allows the recipient to remain in the U.S. for four years and to apply for a green card after three years, or after the investigation or prosecution is complete.

There are benefits for certain family members of a T non-immigrant.

If you believe you may be eligible, please call to schedule a consultation.

VAWA petitions for battered spouses, children, and parents

Victims of battery or extreme cruelty by a spouse, former spouse, child, or parent may file a VAWA self-petition. Both male and female victims can self-petition. Certain family members can benefit as derivatives.

The eligibility requirements vary depending on the facts of the case, but may include showing a good faith marriage, good moral character, and battery and/or extreme cruelty.

There are time limits on certain petitions, so it is crucial to consult with an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. Call us today to schedule a consultation.

Let us help you with your VAWA self-petition. Contact our office in Daytona Beach today for more information.

Contact David F. Vedder, P.A.

Get the Legal Help You Need