Quality Immigration Law Services Since 1978

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  | Are you a college educated Dreamer or DACA recipient?

Are you a college educated Dreamer or DACA recipient?

On Behalf of | Jul 3, 2024 | Immigration Law

New immigration actions announced by President Biden may help you.

On June 18, 2024, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security stated they will “work with our partners at the State Department in implementing changes to the inadmissibility waiver process that will enable certain noncitizens who were educated in the United States, including DACA recipients, to access high-skilled labor visas for which they are qualified.”

This means, college-educated DACA recipients and Dreamers who are qualified for nonimmigrant status, such as an H-1B specialty occupation visa – may be eligible to apply for a temporary visa more easily, if:

  • You have a degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education; and
  • You have an offer of employment from a U.S. employer in a field related to your degree.

Streamlining access to these employment-based visa processes for Dreamers is a positive step, which provides an opportunity to transition into longer term immigration status.

We encourage you to contact our office if you have any questions.